Where do rabbits get fleas from and how to get them out?
Fleas are tiny blood-sucking insects that cause a lot of trouble to pets. They are wound in any animals endowed with wool. These animals include rabbits. Therefore, in order to avoid the appearance of blood-sucking insects, preventive measures must be observed.
Blood-sucking insects are ubiquitous. At the moment, scientists have been able to establish more than 2100 different subspecies of fleas. Two such subtypes have long been known. According to accurate data, insects appeared several million years ago. But the natural life cycle of these insects is small. no more than 90-100 days. The life span is affected by the environment. Under adverse conditions, blood-sucking insects can hibernate. In this state, fleas do without food for several weeks. But after this condition, insects enhance the process of blood consumption. Fleas are very unpretentious in food. Therefore, such insects are dangerous to humans. Flea bites are very painful. After them, allergic reactions may appear.
The appearance of blood-sucking insects in a rabbit should alert the owner himself. Fleas can cause dangerous diseases in pet owners. To completely remove parasites, you will have to give a lot of time and effort.
Nature has been able to convert fleas into dangerous bloodsucking insects. It is easy and quick to get blood from a victim with tiny insects, which allows the special constitution structure:
- The constitution is narrowed, squeezed on the sides. The whole body is covered with small bristles. Thanks to them, insects are kept in the coat of wool.
- Fleas can also be kept in the hairline with ridges. The crests are located on the head and chest.
- The abdomen of fleas has the function of hypertrophic proliferation. Up to 10 ml of blood can be placed there.
- The oral apparatus of this tiny insect can be attributed to the piercing-sucking subtype.
- Thanks to evolution, the insects lost their mandibles. jaws designed for biting. Instead, a proboscis formed. With the help of a new organ, blood that is sucked from the skin is extracted much faster and easier.
- Over time, fleas atrophied wings. Later they completely disappeared as unnecessary. Instead, powerful forelimbs were developed. Thanks to strong paws, fleas can jump to a height of 1 m.
- In insects, 2 and 3 pairs of limbs are often found. They are used for repulsion in height.
- Blood-sucking insects are endowed with an abdominal sensillium. Thanks to him, insects feel even slight fluctuations in air. Using this method, they accurately determine the approximation of an individual.
- Insects do not create special nests for future offspring. A pregnant female simply lays fertilized eggs. Further development of future babies takes place independently.
What types of fleas infect rabbits
Two flea subtypes can affect individuals:
- I subtype lives in the hairline of rabbits and cats;
- Subtype II lives in the hairline of rabbits alone.
The natural life cycle of blood-sucking insects is 90-100 days. Females are able to lay up to 50 eggs per day. Fertilized eggs can fall on carpets, furniture, tools, and parquet. Because of this, the eggs come into contact with the paws or hair of the animal. Thus they infect it. Small fleas hatch from the eggs in the animal’s hairline. Therefore, it is generally accepted that 90% of all insects are found in the hair in the form of pupae, small larvae, and fertilized eggs. Breeding this type of insect is very difficult. Fleas themselves are just the tip of the iceberg.
The presence of insects
If an individual has had fleas at least once, the owners know very well what these insects look like. If fleas move along the hairline of the eared cat, it behaves too intensely. The animal can begin to bite itself, screech. You can check your pet for the presence of blood-sucking parasites both in the veterinary clinic and at home. To do this, it is necessary to iron the hairline against its growth. Fleas can be either black or dark brown. With the naked eye, they can best be seen on the spine and withers of the animal. Insects look like tiny dots.
Flea excrement can be seen in the animal’s cage. If there are black or dark brown particles on the floor of the dwelling, then this fact indicates the presence of fleas on the hairline of the rabbit.
Pet owners should pay particular attention to:
- Fertilized eggs, larvae and pupae, which are clearly visible in the scalp with the naked eye.
- The presence of miniature red dots. Such sites are susceptible to attacks by bloodsucking insects. This fact indicates the presence of fleas.
- The presence of dark grains is the excrement of insects. They can be located both in the hairline and at the bottom of the cell. The grains also remain on the upholstered furniture or carpet paths on which the rabbit just lay.
Most often, blood-sucking insects infect rabbits in the spine and withers. Continuous itching, which remains after bites, does not allow animals to live in peace. Rabbits start to get very nervous and behave too actively. Animals constantly scratch places of bites. Pet owners should not allow these combing. There are several reasons for this:
- Combing bites can lead to the most damage to affected areas of the skin. This can lead to ulcers and pus. It is worth noting that such bites heal for a very long time.
- Combing can cause secondary infection. This happens due to the ingestion of pathogens. This type of bite is much more difficult to treat.
- The presence of flea bites in a decorative rabbit instantly depreciates any breed. Often these animals are not bought. Therefore, the owners urgently need to remove parasites, as well as timely treatment.
See also: Consider a dangerous rabbit disease. Pasteurellosis
Fleas in rabbits are carriers of various diseases. For individuals, the most dangerous diseases are:
- Conjunctivitis with discharge of pus.
In addition, rabbits can swallow helminths. The eggs of such worms can remain viable in the stomachs of fleas. Insect larvae feed on helminths. And fleas swallowed when cleaning the hair in most cases are infectious. Such fleas can cause damage to the body by worms. Therefore, the attack of blood-sucking parasites can lead to the death of an animal population.
Running allergic reactions from flea bites cause exhaustion.
How to get rid
To date, a considerable number of flea preparations have been developed for popular pets. For rabbits, such preparations are much less. Therefore, to eliminate insects, special flea remedies for kittens will be required, as well as shampoos against parasites. It is important to note that you must carefully read the instructions before use. If the norms are not observed, any remedy can cause poisoning of the body.
- First of all, it is necessary to determine what specifically caused the animal to continuously scratch. For this, it is necessary to examine the hairline on the spine and withers. The detection of redness of the skin and black particles indicates the presence of flea bites and their excrement. Even in the absence of the insects themselves, it is urgent to start treatment.
- It is necessary to bathe the animal with shampoo. Such a tool should have an insecticidal effect. For the procedure, the preparations "Neguvon" (400-450 rubles), "Bolfo" (300-350 rubles) are suitable. The dosage should be carefully studied. Before the procedure, wear rubber gloves. Shampoo is distributed throughout the hairline. Rub the product into the skin gently and gently. After 10-15 minutes, the shampoo is washed off with a stream of warm water. Such drugs are very toxic. Therefore, they must be washed off thoroughly. After washing, the hair of the animal is combed with a comb.
- After the first wash, larvae and flea eggs may remain. Therefore, this procedure must be repeated after 7-10 days. It is also necessary to carry out a general cleaning in the apartment. Clean carpet paths, disinfect bedding and cage. Rugs located on the floor of the cage are treated with an anti-flea spray. After that, the equipment is thoroughly vacuumed
- You can also use drops against fleas. For this, Advantage (180-200 rubles) and Front Line (380-430 rubles) are suitable. These drugs must be dripped at the withers of the animal. The correct dosage must be found in the instructions. After applying the product, it is necessary to ensure that the rabbit does not reach the tongue to the disinfected area of the skin. Otherwise, it will cause severe intoxication of the body. After applying the drug for two days, bathing rabbits is strictly prohibited. Otherwise, drops will not affect the extinction of insects. For one day, you must refrain from walking in the fresh air. Re-treatment should be carried out after 30-60 days.
- It is allowed to use an insecticidal agent. a 0.5% solution of Brommocyclen. Before the procedure, wear rubber gloves. The drug is distributed throughout the hairline. The product is kept on the skin for 10-15 minutes. After that, the drug is washed off with a stream of warm water. Next, the hair is thoroughly combed and wiped with a towel. Repeat the procedure after 7-10 days.
See also: What is coccidiosis in rabbits
Blood-sucking insects can appear in the hairline for various reasons. The main ones are walks in the fresh air. After walking, individuals begin to itch strongly, they have redness. But before you get a collar, you need to make sure that the animal really suffers from parasites.
Is it necessary to purchase a collar
A collar is not considered the best way to get rid of fleas. Such a tool contains poisons that negatively affect the body. They cause intoxication. Therefore, experienced veterinarians are advised to choose other drugs. But there is an option when the presence of a collar is required. This item must be purchased for walks in the fresh air. In this case, such a tool is very effective. The collar will be able to eliminate fleas already existing in the hairline, as well as scare new insects. Collars are used as a preventive measure. They are dressed before a walk and immediately after it they take it off. Keeping an animal in a collar at home is not recommended. Rabbits love to chew on everything. In the presence of a collar, the animal can be poisoned by harmful substances deposited on the collar.
Before using the collar, the age of the animal must be considered. It must not be worn by individuals under 4 months of age.
Where to get a collar
It is necessary to purchase a collar at a veterinary pharmacy or clinic. But collars, drops and other preparations are not intended for rabbits. In this case, you need to buy collars for kittens. Before buying, you must pay attention to the weight of the animal. Preparations for cats and dogs will not work. Such animals have the largest dimensions. Means for them contain the greatest amount of poison. Rabbits are much weaker than dogs. Therefore, more poisons will lead to severe intoxication.
Other preventive measures
- Timely examination of the hairline;
- Shampooing against fleas;
- General cleaning of the house;
- Injections against fleas;
- Limit contact with other animals.
The threat of fleas for people
The human body is able to not respond to insect bites. Most often, the actions of parasites affect children and older people. Toddlers are most sensitive to bites. They have allergy-sensitive faces. Pets do not always show the presence of blood-sucking insects with their behavior. Therefore, their appearance on the human body indicates paying attention to the health of the animal. For humans, these insects are very dangerous. They can be carriers of viruses and pathogens of the following diseases:
- Hepatitis C and B;
- E. coli;
- Plague sticks.
Overview of rabbit fleas
Small blood-sucking insects, fleas, bring a lot of trouble to the attacked animals. Attacks of parasites are any mammals that have hair, they are dangerous to humans. For this reason, before buying a fluffy pet for children, adults ask themselves: do fleas start in domestic decorative rabbits.
Ectoparasites are placed in the hair of a cute fluffy animal so often that it equates to a serious illness. Fleas in rabbits lead to the fact that the pet begins to lose weight, looks sick and tired.
Danger of fleas for rabbits
Insects are dangerous carriers of many infectious diseases and furry animals have a great risk of contracting myxomatosis. This disease is fatal for pets. A timely vaccination can save them from a serious illness and death. A flea, drinking blood, injects its saliva through the prokus, stopping blood coagulation.
When a flea infection is launched with a large number of individuals, pets develop anemia due to significant loss of blood. This is a dangerous condition leading to the death of a fur animal.
Symptoms of the appearance of fleas
It is not easy to detect parasites in thick hair, so a thorough inspection should be done. Most often, insects accumulate near the ears, in the withers and on the back. When the hair is spread apart, bites in the form of red dots, as well as parasite feces, which are checked using wet paper, will be noticeable. The rabbit is combed with a special brush having small frequent teeth. The contents of the comb are wiped on wet paper and, if stains appear on it that have a brownish-red tint, then the animal has definitely got bloodsuckers.
A flea bite causes severe itching, rabbits begin to itch intensely, and in especially severe cases they even chew their tail and lower back.
Treatment of decorative rabbits
Butox. The Dutch preparation in the form of an oily concentrate of light yellow color is available in ampoules (5 pcs in a pack) and is used for dilution in water. The active substance. deltamethrin, causes paralysis and death of insects within two to three days. The prepared working emulsion is used for processing rooms and cells. Processing rabbits occurs in the form of bathing or spraying with the drug once a week. To eliminate parasites, one treatment is enough, since the tool has high efficiency.
Drops "Celandine." Apply to the withers of the pet once every two months. It is not advisable to use the drug for pregnant individuals and small animals. Combination with other insecticides is not recommended.
An excellent remedy for fleas for rabbits is Ektosan powder. The drug is available in the form of a fine powder of a grayish-white hue with a light pleasant odor. Contact insectoacaricide, pyrethroid alpha-cypermethrin, affects the peripheral nervous system of parasites, causing their death. It is applied with a thin layer with a brush on the back from head to tail, it is easily rubbed into the skin against the growth of wool. Reprocessing is carried out after two weeks.
Spray "Insectozol" is available in the form of aerosol cans with a volume of 75 ml. The main component is deltamethrin, which affects the nervous system and causes paralysis. Remedy for fleas and disinfection of pets. It is applied to the skin and coat of fur animals using the spraying method, re-processed after 10-12 days.
Folk remedies are distinguished by their diversity, they are most often used to scare off parasites, and not to destroy. However, with their help, you can quickly and permanently get rid of bloodsuckers.
- Sagebrush. The grass can be hung fresh, tied in bunches. Its pungent odor is not tolerated by fleas. For rabbits, the product can be used in the form of a decoction, the preparation of which will require two glasses of water and 40 grams of fresh leaves of the plant. Boil everything, cool and wipe the resulting fluid with a decorative rabbit. The broth is harmless to mammals and non-toxic, even if it enters the oral cavity, therefore it is applied to all parts of the body.
- Garlic. The odorous components of its smell contribute to the rapid disposal of parasites. Grind several cloves, pour three glasses of water and insist for 12 hours. This water should be rubbed wool, best on the withers and back, where the animal will be the most difficult to get.
- Pine sawdust. They scare away insects; their smell prevents fleas from laying eggs in such litter. You can pour a thin layer into the cage of a decorative rabbit.
Activities are carried out to prevent the appearance of fleas and if they are strictly observed, then you can forget about parasites forever. Regular examination of the undercoat and skin of the rabbit will reveal an infection with ectoparasites at an early stage and quickly get rid of them.
Wet cleaning of the places where broths of wormwood and celandine are kept will help scare away insects that enter the breeding grounds.
These simple actions will avoid treatment, and the pet will always be fun and playful.
Fleas in rabbits. how to protect your pet from these pests
All pets sooner or later overtake such a misfortune as fleas. Not an exception and rabbits, in which painful bites of tiny bloodsucking cause a lot of trouble and trouble. Do not think that the attack of these insects is absolutely safe for an eared friend, that you can let such an unpleasant phenomenon take its course. Flea bites contribute to severe irritation and itching, which causes the animal to constantly itch, and this inevitably leads to the formation of wounds.
Description and features of fleas
According to available data, fleas appeared several million years ago. They live no more than 90-100 days, and the environmental conditions directly affect the duration of their life cycle. In an adverse environment, insects can fall into sleep mode and go without food for several weeks, but after awakening, their need for blood increases significantly.
Before using all kinds of flea remedies, you should understand what this pest is. A flea is a small blood-sucking insect that has a dark brown or black body compressed on the sides, no more than 8 mm long. Setae are located on it, which help the parasite to firmly establish itself in the coat of the animal. On the head and in the chest area there are special ridges that perform a similar fixing function.
Interesting! Since the abdomen of the insect has a peculiarity to grow, up to 0.1 ml of blood can fit in it. Fleas do not have wings, but they are fully replaced by three pairs of powerful limbs, allowing the bloodsucker to jump up to 1 meter in height.
The oral apparatus of the insect is represented by a piercing-sucking subtype, and a kind of proboscis performs the function of the jaws. With it, blood is extracted from the skin faster and easier.
Interesting. A feature of fleas is the presence of an abdominal sensillium. an organ that allows you to capture even minor fluctuations in air and determine the presence of carbon dioxide in it. The latter is a sign that potential food is somewhere nearby.
Female fleas do not create special nests for hatching: they simply lay fertilized eggs on the host’s body or in its habitat. Subsequent development of larvae occurs independently.
What types of fleas infect rabbits
Rabbits can be affected by two types of bloodsuckers:
- fleas that live only in rabbit hair;
- fleas that can live in the hair of rabbits and cats.
Every day, a female flea can lay up to 50 eggs, which can be found in a variety of places: on the floor, in carpets, and even in upholstered furniture. This ubiquity is fraught with repeated contact with the hair and legs of the pet and its further infection.
In the fight against such pests, it should be remembered that adult fleas located in rabbit hair are only one side of the problem. In fact, about 90% of fleas can be found on an animal in the form of eggs, pupae, and larvae.
The most vulnerable parts of the body for bites are the spine and withers of the rabbit. After the attack of bloodsuckers, the animals are tormented by continuous itching, preventing them from living quietly. The animals fall into an excited state and constantly comb the affected areas, as with an ear mite, which in no case should be allowed.
Combing bites can cause:
- extensive damage to affected areas of the skin, the appearance of long healing ulcers, sometimes accompanied by the release of pus;
- secondary infection as a result of the entry of pathogens into the bite site.
Often, thoroughbred rabbits affected by fleas are depreciating in the market, so it is extremely important for owners to start timely treatment and rid their pet of these pests.
Fleas are also dangerous because they are carriers of rabbit myxomatosis, purulent conjunctivitis, as well as deadly viral hemorrhagic rabbit disease. In addition, blood-sucking larvae feed on helminths, and if these fleas are swallowed, the animal can become infected with worms.
What is a flea bite dangerous?
Biting its victim, a flea injects saliva into the wound, which is designed to coagulate blood. At this moment, the likelihood of transmitting all kinds of infections and dangerous diseases is high. Detecting fleas in a rabbit is not easy, therefore, untimely treatment can cause the rapid multiplication of these pests, which means that the risk of infection of the animal with other diseases also increases.
Signs of the presence of fleas
Owners of rabbits who have at least once encountered a flea problem remember very well what these unpleasant insects look like. The constant movement of small blood-sucking pests along the hair, accompanied by bites, gives the pet discomfort. He begins to rush about the cell and constantly itch. With prolonged infection, hair loss may occur.
Important! You can not write off all manifestations of scabies for fleas. A rabbit can occasionally itch as a result of an allergy or mosquito bites, or maybe it just wants to walk. Therefore, before proceeding with the treatment of fleas, you need to make sure that the cause of the itch lies in them.
The presence of fleas can be checked independently by spreading the wool on the back and withers.
After flea bites, scratches and redness form on the skin of the rabbit.
Carefully examining the covers of the animal, you can see:
- eggs of fleas or adults;
- a scattering of black grains, which are insect excrement (they can also be seen at the place where the rabbit just sat or lay);
- bites in the form of small red dots.
How to bring fleas in a rabbit
To find out how to get a flea out of your pet, you should visit your veterinarian. Treatment should be carried out using specially designed products that are adapted to the delicate immune system of rabbits. Using drugs intended for other animals can be harmful to rabbits.
Anti-parasitic shampoos that have an insecticidal effect have proven themselves well in the fight against parasites. Before using shampoo, you should read the instructions and choose the right dosage. As a rule, the product is distributed over the rabbit’s hair with soft movements for 15-20 minutes, after which it is thoroughly washed off with warm water. After 7-10 days, the treatment is repeated. Today, Neguvon and Bolfo shampoos are widely used.
Neguvon can be used to process rabbits.
Many owners buy collars for their decorative rabbits, but opinions on the safety of their use are still divided. The fact is that the animal can easily stick its paws into it and even cripple it. In addition, there is a high risk of an insecticide entering the body of the animal, which contributes to its intoxication.
Attention. It is better to use a collar as a preventive measure: wear it before a walk, and then immediately remove it. The age of the animal should also be taken into account, as individuals under four months of age are not allowed to wear such collars.
Traditional medicine treatment
To remove fleas, the veterinarian may prescribe some medications, among which drops and insecticidal solutions are especially popular.
Drops are the most effective flea remedy that can be used both for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes. The drug is applied in the area of the withers so that the animal could not lick it, otherwise severe poisoning cannot be avoided.
To achieve a good result, it is forbidden for rabbits to bathe the first 2 days after applying the product and avoid walking in the fresh air on the first day. Re-treatment is carried out after 1-2 months. Today, Frontline and Advantage are considered the most effective flea drops.
To get rid of fleas, it is allowed to use insecticidal solutions, for example Brommocyclin. The drug is distributed throughout the coat of the animal and aged for about 10-15 minutes.
After that, the product is thoroughly washed off with warm water, the hair is combed and wiped with a towel. The procedure is carried out every 7-10 days for a month.
Treatment with folk remedies
Rabbits are very sensitive and gentle animals, so when choosing folk methods for getting rid of fleas, these features should be taken into account. To control pests, you can try the following method: dissolve salt in a bowl of warm water and dip the rabbit in the neck, stand for 5-10 minutes, then wipe it dry and comb it with a comb and comb.
Alternatively, you can rub the animal with a decoction of wormwood, tansy inflorescences, celandine, eucalyptus or pine sawdust. It would not be superfluous to build a litter of fresh sawdust in a cage, and to spread branches of wormwood and calamus in all rooms. Pungent odors scare off the parasites and soon they will disappear.
Timely prevention is the best way to get rid of fleas. To prevent them from appearing not only in the rabbit, but throughout the house, the following measures should be taken:
- regularly inspect the hairline of the pet and look after its fur;
- carry out regular cleaning in the house, often clean the cage and change the litter;
- limit contact with other pets that may be flea carriers;
- periodically wash the animal with flea shampoos.
The video shows how to quickly rid a rabbit of fleas:
How and how to remove fleas in a rabbit
Fleas are tiny blood-sucking insects that cause a lot of trouble and trouble to the animals in which they start. Many people think that this misfortune is only for cats and dogs. Not everyone knows whether rabbits have fleas. However, parasites can attack any mammal that has hair. Domestic or decorative rabbits are no exception. Pests not only cause discomfort to a small charming animal, but also can infect it with various diseases. Therefore, each owner of a furry pet needs to know how to get fleas from a rabbit.
Before talking about methods of controlling the parasite, you need to know what the pest looks like. A flea is a small insect, up to 5 mm thick, whose dark brown or black body is compressed laterally. The bristles located on it help to strengthen the bloodsucker in the animal’s hair. The crests located on the chest and head of the parasite also perform a similar function. The abdomen can grow, as a result of which it can hold up to 10 ml of blood. The flea has no wings, but the presence of 3 pairs of strong and powerful limbs allows the insect to bounce high.
Varieties of fleas infecting rabbits
Fleas in rabbits can be of two types:
These blood-sucking insects live for more than 3 months. The fertility of parasites is striking: a female is able to lay up to fifty eggs per day. They can be located in completely different places: on the floor, in carpet paths and even in upholstered furniture, in contact with the rabbit’s hair or legs and infecting it.
What is a flea bite dangerous?
During a bite, an insect introduces saliva into the wound of its victim, intended for blood coagulation. It is at this point that all kinds of infections and diseases can be transmitted. Fleas in a rabbit are very difficult to detect. And if you do not start the fight in a timely manner, then they can multiply at an alarming rate.
Insects lay eggs not only in the rabbit litter, but also throughout the house: in carpets and on furniture. Flea larvae are able to live in the external environment for quite some time. Therefore, owners of furry creatures detect the presence of a pest only after they see insect excrement or wounds that have been baked after a bite.
Signs of the presence of fleas
It is possible to determine that fleas of decorative rabbits are wound up, not only in the veterinary clinic, but also at home. The following symptoms will indicate this:
- The animal is tense, it can bite itself and even squeal.
- You can even see the bloodsuckers with the naked eye at the withers or spine of a pet.
- Presence of eggs, larvae and excrement of the pest in animal fur.
- Small red dots on the skin resulting from a flea bite.
- Persistent itching and redness on the skin.
- With prolonged infection, hair loss may occur.
The presence of these signs indicates infection of the rabbit with parasites. You can examine your pet with a special comb with small teeth. It is necessary to place a fluffy pet on white paper and comb its hair. Little vampires living in the coat of the animal will be very visible against a light background.
With prolonged infection with pests from blood loss, the rabbit may develop anemia, which can even result in death. Another serious disease that a bloodsucker can “reward” is myxomatosis, the consequences of which are also sad.
How to bring fleas in a rabbit
The most effective flea remedy for rabbits is drops. They can not only be treated, but also used for preventive purposes. The most popular drops are Frontline or Advantage drops. When buying, you should pay attention to packaging. It should have an image of not only a cat, but also a rabbit. To prevent licking of the drug, it is applied in the area of the withers of the animal. To achieve the effect, it is not recommended to bathe the rabbit for 2 days. After 1-2 months, re-treatment should be carried out.
Drops from fleas for rabbits
It is also possible to derive fleas from rabbits at home using antiplash shampoos with an insecticidal effect. The most popular drugs are Neguvon and Bolfo. Before the procedure, you must carefully study the instructions and correctly calculate the dosage.
The product is distributed over the rabbit’s hair with gentle rubbing movements. After 10-15 minutes, the pet is rinsed with clean warm water. Due to the fact that the composition of the drug includes insecticidal components, it must be thoroughly washed off. After 7-10 days, treatment should be repeated.
Insecticidal solutions will also help to remove parasites. For this, you can use bromocyclin. Processing is carried out every 7 days for a month.
Many owners purchase collars for their furry pets as a preventive measure. However, opinions about the use of such a tool differ, due to the fact that the rabbit is able to easily put its paws into it and even cripple. In addition, at such a moment, the probability of an insecticide entering the body is high.
The best treatment is to carry out preventive measures against fleas. To prevent the appearance and spread of bloodsuckers not only in the rabbit, but throughout the house, it is recommended to take the following measures:
- Regular cleaning will help to create unfavorable conditions for the appearance and reproduction of fleas: as often as possible, clean the rabbit’s cage and change its litter.
- Periodically, you should inspect the pet and take care of its fur.
- It is also necessary to make sure that no other fleas live in the house.
- Equally important is the cleaning of the entire room.
Fleas in a rabbit will not appear if you follow these recommendations, as a result of which you can avoid the hassle and problems associated with this. After all, prevention is perhaps the easiest method to control your pet’s health. We should not forget that we are responsible for those who have tamed. If, nevertheless, fleas are found in the pet, it is necessary not only to destroy the parasites from it, but also to process the apartment.